Sundays 11:00 a.m.
Ark Thrift Store
Wed 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Thurs - 12:00 - 2:00 p,m.
Sat - 11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Food Pantry Distribution
3rd Sat. each month - 9-11 a.m.
The Presbyterian Church of Jeffersonville was first established in 1838 by the Swiss who had named the town "Winkelreid."
On December 15, 1845, the present church, the oldest in the community, was orgainzied as "Deutche Evangellical Kirche of Winkelried," A building was framed and construction was begun in 1844, but was leveled by a windstorm. In 1845, the present church was built. In 1855, the church reorganized under the name "The German Presbyterian Church of Jeffersonville." In 1860, a tower and bell were added.
The church was renamed "The First Presbyterian Church" in 1913 and joined the Presbytery of Hudson. A kitchen, pastor study, organ room and pulpit alcove were added. The current structure was completed in 1949 by adding a two story annex and classrooms, meeting rooms and a dining room at the rear of the church. The most recent improvement occurred in 1993 when a handicapped lift up to the level of the sanctuary was installed.
The church is part of the Hudson River Presbytery, in the Northeast Synod of the Presbyterian Church of the United States of America (PC USA).
THE FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF JEFFERSONVILLE
4907 State Route 52 (Main Street) † PO Box 685 † Jeffersonville, New York 12748 † (845) 482-5549